Flattened red rice
Flattened red rice or red rice flakes or red rice poha is prepared by flattening and roasting red rice. It is a good diet choice and sure is healthier than white rice poha. It is also easy to digest as it contains a certain type of bacteria called gut bacteria. Red rice is full of healthy minerals like iron, and zinc and is also rich in fibers and antioxidants. it makes us filled in no time. the dishes from poha is also particularly simple yet healthy.
- Red rice poha is rich in fiber and can be a good diet for people with diabetes. So it helps us to regulate our blood sugar levels without sudden rises.
- Flattened red rice also helps with weight loss and constipation.
- Red rice poha can be used as a breakfast or an evening snack. It is very light and easy to digest. It doesn’t cause any bloats and helps us feel full for a long time.
Flattened rice in other languages
It is called Poha or pauwa in Hindi, Aval in Tamil and Malayalam, phov in Konkani, paunva in Gujarati, atukulu in Telugu, chira in Bengali, avalakki in Karnataka.
Flattened red rice recipe (Red rice kanda poha)
Red rice poha, peanuts, potato, onion, tomato, coriander leaves, lemon juice, tamarind powder, salt, and oil.
- Soak poha for a few minutes and drain the excess water from it.
- Fry potatoes and peanuts and keep them aside.
- Sauté onion and mustard in oil and then add some finely cut tomatoes.
- Now add potatoes, peanuts, and lemon juice and stir it well.
- Add poha and then turmeric powder, and salt, and mix well.
- Finally, add some coriander leaves and serve while it is still hot!
To check Yaadhum’s traditional kattuyanam rice: kattuyanam rice
To visit our Instagram page: Instagram