Coconut oil is an edible oil derived from the fruits of coconut trees. These trees are abundant in tropical areas, especially in Asia. Here, the main use of this oil is cooking. Most of the dishes in Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Kerala use coconut oil for frying and sautéing. A slight nuttiness and sweetness make it a good baking ingredient in western countries. Some film theatres use it for popcorn preparation. In India, apart from food, it is the main part of daily hair care.
HOW ARE COCONUTS GROWN?
Coconut trees are domesticated by Austronesian people first. It was then spread throughout the world. Yet, there is a difference between the coconut on the beaches and the ones which are domesticated. Coconut trees can produce up to 70 fruits per year, yet most of them produce below 30. It is due to various reasons, mainly pests.
HOW TO MAKE WOOD PRESSED COCONUT OIL
True Authentic, inherited Traditional and healthy edible oils are extracted through wooden Chekku. This method ensures that they are high in nutrition and have a great taste and fragrance. The fruits from the coconut shells are removed and dried in the sun. The dried coconut pulp is then ground using wooden chekku to extract natural and healthy oil.
A 100 gram of coconut oil contains
- Energy 1480kj
- Fat 33 grams
- Carbohydrates 15 grams
- Protein 3 grams
- Micronutrients 10% of daily use.
BENEFITS OF WOOD PRESSED COCONUT OIL
- Helps hair growth: The vitamins and fatty acids in it will help the hair to grow longer, thicker, and stronger.
- Hair conditioner and moisturizer: We can use it daily as a conditioner. It helps to maintain protein in the hair. It also moisturizes the scalp and hair.
- Fat burning: The MCT content (a saturated fat) may help in burning fats.
- Energy: The MCT also gives the body an instant gain of energy.
- Antimicrobial effects: The lauric acid in the MCT may well be used as an antimicrobial. We can witness this in villages as we use it for almost all injuries.
- Antioxidant: it can reduce cell damage as it contains antioxidant properties.
When buying wood-pressed coconut oil, carefully choose the quality, freshness, and quality of the product. For assurance of quality and the right price, you may choose Yaadhum. Yaadhum believes in trust and is built around that idea.
CULTIVATION IN INDIA
In India, coconut is one of the most significant oilseed crops. The main groundnut-growing states are Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and almost all coastal areas.
How to use coconut oil
Furthermore, It is ordinarily used in baking, sautéing, frying, and other modes of cooking.
While it allows a slightly nutty flavour, it’s commonly a good, unbiased option to use for most recipes
To check out other healthy edible oil from Yaadhum: Wood pressed Gingelly oil
To visit our Instagram page: Instagram